Have you ever had identity theft? Check out this episode of Ask Impeccable below to see how to prevent Identity Theft in the future with Houston Credit Repair.
Protect your Identity
If you happen to have your identity stolen the first step is to get a police report. By having a police report you can put a “Hawk Alert” on your credit. A “Hawk Alert” is different than a “freeze”. A “freeze” prevents anything from being able to go on or off the credit. With a “Hawk Alert” you still can build your credit. With a “Hawk Alert” you are notified on the bureau level via phone call before your credit is used. You will be in full control of who pulls your credit. The only stipulation to a “Hawk Alert” is that you must notify the credit bureaus via mail if and when you change your phone number. This is so they can update your number on their side.
Ways to Prevent Identity Theft
- Do not carry your Social Security Card with you, keep it in a safe place.
- Refrain from entering your social security number online and on unsecured networks
- Do not give out your social to anyone that could potentially steal your identity (I️.e. roommate or best friend)
- Only put on a Hawk Alert if you have a police report
- Do not freeze your credit
Houston Credit Repair
If you have any fraud or identity theft on your credit make sure to contact Impeccable Credit Services. Credit is hard to navigate without a guide. With Impeccable Credit Services, we make it our mission to assist you with everything from identity theft to fraud. We have been in business for 16+ years with two physical locations in the Houston area. Vanessa guides all of our clients every step of the way towards having Impeccable Credit. Our goal is to help all of out clients achieve success.